2016.5 Mazda CX-5 Safety
With the arrival of the 2016.5 Mazda CX-5 to Naperville, there’s no greater care given to you and your family’s safety. This crossover was designed to prevent accidents and protect you in the event of an impact. With advanced safety technology and more, you’ll have the confidence to drive you and your loved ones in the Aurora and Joliet areas. Read all about the Mazda CX-5 safety features below, then come in from Wheaton or Lisle to take it for a test drive today!
Active Safety Features
The new Mazda CX-5 was built with an array of active safety features that initiate based on performance monitoring to prevent an accident from occurring.
- Dynamic Stability Control and Traction Control: By constantly monitoring teach wheel as well as the road conditions, you’ll be awarded with the best traction thanks to torque or braking power being applied to wheels that need it.
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System: When one or more tires is in need of air pressure, you’ll receive an alert so you can avoid having a blowout or a flat tire while you’re on the go.
- Anti-lock Brake System with Electronic Brakeforce Distribution & Brake Assist: In situations when you need to slam on the brakes, you can be sure that you’ll get the most stopping power possible without putting too much stress on the brakes that they lock up.
- Engine Immobilizer Anti-Theft System: In the event that your vehicle is stolen, this system will not allow a thief to start the key without using the correctly coded key fob or the engine will lock up and not allow them to drive.
Passive Safety Design
The engineers who designed the 2016.5 Mazda CX-5 made sure that in the event of an impact, you and your passengers would be provided with the most protection possible.
- Advanced Airbag Protection: Passenger weight sensors detect where passengers occupy the cabin to deploy seat-mounted side-impact airbags, front airbags, and side impact roll-over protection airbags when an accident occurs.
- Side-Impact Door Beams: This crossover as constructed with durable materials that will protect you or your passengers if you’re hit by a vehicle from the side.
- Child Protection: With Lower Anchor Tethers for Children, or LATCH, your children’s car seat will be secured in the rear seats, and childproof locking allows you to make sure they don’t open the car while you’re in motion or otherwise.
- Safety Belt Protection: Your front safety belt pretensioners have force limiters in order to not cause undue injury when the safety belts protect you in the event of an impact.
Driver Assistance Technology
The advanced Mazda CX-5 safety technologies that make up i-ACTIVESENSE® help you make better driving decisions by monitoring traffic around you and responding accordingly.
- Blind Spot Monitoring and Rear Cross-Traffic Alert: You’ll receive an indicator light in the appropriate side mirror when a vehicle approaches a blind spot whether you’re changing lanes on the highway or backing out of a parking spot.
- Adaptive Front Lighting System: Your headlights will turn as you do with this advanced lighting system, giving you the ability to round corners with better visibility than standard headlights.
- Smart Brake Support: In addition to Smart City Brake Support, these technologies monitor traffic ahead of you or pedestrians in your path to apply the brakes and avoid an accident.
- Distance Recognition Support System: When you’re in danger of hitting the car ahead of you, you’ll receive a warning light meaning that it’s time to slow down.
- Rearview Camera: Get a clear view of the rear so you can back up with confidence in a busy parking lot or when leaving the driveway.
How do all of these safety features hold up when they’re on the road? The ratings are in, and the government agencies agree after putting it to the test that this crossover is a strong contender to protect you and your family.
- IIHS: The Institute for Insurance Highway Safety has awarded this model its highest honor of a 2016 Top Safety Pick+.
- NHTSA: The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration has given this model a 4-star rating for overall safety.
See the Safety Features of the 2016.5 Mazda CX-5 Today
You can take the 2016.5 Mazda CX-5 out for a test drive today at Continental Mazda, located at 2363 Aurora Ave in Naperville, IL, near Joliet and Lisle drivers. Before you make the trip from Wheaton, give us a call to make an appointment at 630-352-0634 or leave a message online.