2016 Mazda CX-5 Performance
Whether you’re looking for a crossover that will offer you a dynamic driving experience or boosted fuel economy, the 2016 Mazda CX-5 performance offers both. This family-friendly SUV is now available in Naperville to drivers of Aurora, Joliet, Wheaton, and Lisle. Learn more about what makes this SUV so remarkable below, then meet us at Continental Mazda for a test drive today.
Under the hood of the new Mazda CX-5, you’ll find one of two available engines to power your crossover. The new 2.0L engine is more efficient than in previous models thanks to SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY, exclusive to Mazda.
- Standard Engine: A redesigned 2.0L SKYACTIV®-G engine develops up to 155 hp and 150 lb-ft of torque. This 16-valve 4-cylinder engine features variable valve timing.
- Upgraded Power: A 2.5L SKYACTIV®-G engine is offered that achieves up to 184-hp. With variable valve timing and chain-driven dual overhead cams, you’ll have boosted efficiency to go with the extra power.
Depending on your driving style, you can choose between an available manual transmission and automatic transmission. Both have SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY for the most advanced and efficient systems available from Mazda.
- Manual: A SKYACTIV®-MT 6-speed manual transmission is available with FWD models so you have complete control over gear shifting.
- Automatic: The SKYACTIV®-Drive 6-speed automatic transmission features manual-shift mode so that you can have control over gears when you’d like to and Sport Mode for a more thrilling response on the road.
Depending on the specs that you choose, you’ll have varying levels of fuel efficiency, though overall the 2016 Mazda CX-5 performance is exceptionally efficient for you and your family to enjoy around town.
|2.0 L SKYACTIV®-G||2.5L SKYACTIV®-G|
|Manual with FWD||26/35/29 (city/highway/combined)||N/A|
|Automatic with FWD||26/33/29||26/33/29|
|Automatic with AWD||24/30/29||24/30/26|
KODO Body Design
The 2016 Mazda CX-5 was designed with Mazda’s KODO philosophy in mind, or “the soul of living.” Sculpted to reflect the muscular movements of a wild animal, the 2016 Mazda CX-5 has a curvaceous design that reflects its agile nature as well as actively working to minimize air resistance. The sheet metal was carefully designed to add to the performance of the 2016 Mazda CX-5, making every part of this crossover work for you.
Special Performance Features
Other aspects of the 2016 Mazda CX-5 make sure that this crossover is a strong performer for you and your family.
- I-ACTIV AWD®: This all-wheel drive system is available on any model of the 2016 Mazda CX-5 that includes an automatic transmission. This intelligent system monitors all performance and driving input to predict when all-wheel drive may be needed. It even monitors weather conditions by analyzing windshield wiper use.
- Suspension System: The 2016 Mazda CX-5 features a MacPherson strut with stabilizer bar in the front of the vehicle. In the rear, you’ll have a multilink suspension system with a rear stabilizer bar. Together, these work together to give you a sporty ride wherever you are.
- Dynamic Stability Control with Traction Control System: This system monitors all four wheels to detect oversteer, understeer, or wheelslip to initiate braking at wheels where it is needed to help you maintain control of the vehicle at all times. By monitoring road conditions and steering input, torque power is applied to give you the most traction available at any given time to conquer rainy days or worn out roads.
- Electronic Power Assist Steering: By taking into account your driving input as well as driving and road conditions, this steering system adjusts steering input to give you safe yet accurate and responsive steering movements.
- Push Button Start: Without having to remove your keys from your pocket or purse, you can start the engine of the vehicle by holding the brake pedal down while pressing the ignition button next to the steering wheel. The ignition system can tell when the smart key fob is on your person for your security.
Test Drive the 2016 Mazda CX-5 Today
Come to Continental Mazda to take the 2016 Mazda CX-5 on the road today. You can test out the performance as well as find out more about the spacious and versatile interior and so much more! Our dealership is located at 2363 Aurora Ave in Naperville, IL. You can give us a call if you have any questions about this crossover or any other vehicle in our inventory at . You can also leave us a message and a sales specialist will be in touch with you shortly!