The 2017 Mazda6 Boasts Relentlessly Engaging Performance
Mazda has developed a reputation for going right back to basics in order to revolutionize performance, and that’s certainly the case with the 2017 Mazda6. A groundbreaking powertrain and the introduction of a sophisticated SKYACTIV®-VEHICLE DYNAMICS system with G-Vectoring Control has put the latest Mazda6 a step ahead of its less daring contemporaries.
The 2017 Mazda6 draws its performance credentials from the same exceptional 2.5L SKYACTIV® four-cylinder engine across all trim levels, resulting in the sharp acceleration and composed cruising that comes with 184 hp and 185 lb-ft of torque. Such an output makes the Mazda6 one of the most powerful sedans within the midsize segment, with the competition straggling noticeably behind:
- 2017 Toyota Camry: Up to 178 hp as standard.
- 2017 Ford Fusion: Up to 175 hp as standard.
- 2017 Volkswagen Passat: Up to 170 hp as standard.
In addition to superior engine performance, the 2017 Mazda6 takes several steps to help ensure remarkably strong efficiency ratings. There are two transmission options:
- 6-Speed SKYACTIV®-MT: A quick-shifting manual transmission facilitates precise control, making it perfect to navigating towns like Lisle, Wheaton, and Plainfield. You’ll also enjoy respectable efficiency ratings of up to 21 mpg in the city and 34 mpg on the highway.
- 6-Speed SKYACTIV®-Drive: This automatic transmission with manual shift and Sport mode is ideal for long-distance cruising if you need to head from Aurora or Naperville into Chicago. Once there, use manual mode to get around the tight city streets. SKYACTIV®-Drive achieves up to 26 mpg in the city and 35 mpg on the highway.
To optimize efficiency even further, consider opting for the available GT Premium Package. In addition to its comfort and convenience features, such as heated rear seats, it adds i-ELOOP regenerative engine braking and Active Grille Shutters.
The 2017 Mazda6’s daring exterior lines hint at the thrilling performance it can provide, and that ride isn’t solely down to the engine. New for 2017, the Mazda6 adopts Sport-inspired SKYACTIV®-VEHICLE DYNAMICS with G-Vectoring Control to foster a smoother ride that brings the athleticism of the track to your everyday drive.
Numerous studies were conducted into driving characteristics to create a system that could make the vehicle feel like an extension of your body. When you enter a corner, engine torque is reduced, and the load is shifted to the front wheels. As you come into the corner, the system instantly detects steering input, calculates optimal torque range, then sends that information to the engine. As you drive out of the corner, engine torque is recovered and the load is shifted to the rear wheels.
Experience the Incredible Performance of the 2017 Mazda6
Words can paint a picture of the 2017 Mazda6 performance, but the only way to truly understand it is by experiencing it for yourself. To arrange a test-drive, just contact Continental Mazda of Naperville today.