The 2018 Mazda6 Redesign Prompts Intense Excitement
Any 2018 Mazda6 preview was always going to cause a stir. The Mazda6 is the company’s coveted flagship sedan, and the new model is set to reinvent expectations with:
- New Powertrain Technology
- “Mature Elegance” Design Language
- Exclusive premium trim materials
- Mazda Radar Cruise Control (MRCC)
- 360-Degree View Monitor
The philosophy of the Mazda6 redesign is to enhance the daily lives of people who love cars, and it certainly seems they’re pulling out all the stops to achieve that goal.
Mazda vehicles made a name for themselves by reinventing powertrain technology instead of simply adjusting current engines. The 2018 Mazda6 maintains that principle to the hilt, optimizing power, performance, and efficiency through:
- SKYACTIV®-G 2.5L gasoline engine – This engine will offer up to 250 hp and 310 lb-ft of torque.
- Cylinder deactivation – The engine is able to drop to two-cylinder operation in certain situations to increase efficiency.
It’s a sophisticated new setup that should be capable of producing torque on par with a 4.0L V8. Even discounting Mazda’s legendarily responsive driving dynamics, that’s a promise to quicken the heart of any driver who sees each journey as more than a trip from A to B.
The 2018 Mazda6 redesign has been based around a central principle of “Mature Elegance.” The design team was reportedly encouraged to raise quality without impacting the legendary comfort and spaciousness of the Mazda6.
New high-grade features will include:
- Japanese Sen wood often used in traditional instruments and furniture
- Exclusive premium trim elements
Drivers should anticipate a “more distinctive, premium, beautiful and dignified” Mazda6 for 2018, per the automaker’s press release.
In terms of technology, the new Mazda6 seems to set its sights firmly on driver-assistance features. A wider range of advanced i-ACTIVSENSE® safety technologies will be offered, including:
- Mazda Radar Cruise Control (MRCC) – Adjusts the vehicle’s speed according to that of the car ahead, but this tech has changed for the new Mazda6. MRCC can now bring the Mazda6 to a stop and then take off again once the car ahead moves away.
- 360-Degree View Monitor – Provides a comprehensive view around the vehicle to help you park in tight spaces.
The 2018 Mazda6 Will be Released in Spring of 2018
Drivers from Plainfield, Joliet, and Aurora will be able to drive the 2018 Mazda6 at Continental Mazda of Naperville this spring. Feel free to contact us today if you’d like to find out more or to compare the 2019 Mazda6 vs. Honda Accord.
Why Buy at Continental Mazda of Naperville?
Some of the reasons to choose our dealership include:
- Continental Motors Group Named “Best Auto Dealer” 8 Years in a Row by Naperville Magazine’s “Best of” Awards*
- 110% Price Guarantee — We won’t be undersold! If you are given a genuine quote on the exact same vehicle from another dealership, we’ll match their price — plus 10% of the difference!
- VIP Loyalty Rewards — Continental Mazda VIPs gain exclusive benefits, and they earn loyalty points — and to become a VIP, all you have to do is purchase a new or used vehicle from us.