How Often to Replace a Car Battery
If the battery is dead, you’re going nowhere. With that in mind, it makes a lot of sense to learn how often to replace a car battery.
How to Test a Car Battery
Not sure of your battery’s condition, pull right in for a quick battery load test. Your friends at Continental Mazda of Naperville’s service department will complete a complimentary full circle Inspection and let you know if it’s time to replace your battery.
How to Know if Your Car Battery Needs to Be Replaced
A battery will sometimes die out of nowhere, but you’ll usually get some kind of warning. Here are just a few signs that you should get a replacement.
- Your Battery is Old: Car batteries age over time until they struggle to provide enough power to start an engine even under ideal operating conditions.
- Extreme Temperature Fluctuation: Really hot and really cold temperatures can shorten the life of your battery. Average battery life in Plainfield, Joliet, and Aurora is 42 months.
- Your Car Has Experienced Excessive Vibration: Going over bumpy roads can cause a physical breakdown of internal battery parts.
- Signs of Struggle: If the starter motor cranks the engine slowly or the Battery/Charging warning lamp comes on, your battery could be on the way out.
Arrange Your Next Scheduled Service at Continental Mazda of Naperville
We offer service specials to help you save and the advice you need to avoid future repairs — and now that you have an idea of how often to replace a car battery, you can stay ahead of the game. We can also help you learn how to replace the battery yourself or learn why your car is making noise when turning. Schedule service today or feel free to contact us online for more information.
Why Buy from Continental Mazda of Naperville?
We work hard to provide first-class service and attention every time you see us. That’s why we offer a variety of special perks such as.
- Our VIP Loyalty Program gives you points for every dollar you spend at our dealership
- We offer complimentary loaner vehicles for services that take more than an hour.
- We offer a complimentary shuttle service so you’re not stuck.
- When you get auto service at Continental Mazda of Naperville, you can get a complimentary car wash, including window cleaning and interior vacuuming.
- Our full-service detail department can make your car look brand new.
- We service all makes and models.