The 2016 Mazda CX-9 is available in these four conventional trims designed to accommodate a variety of driving needs:
- 2016 Mazda CX-9 Sport: Starting at $31,520
- 2016 Mazda CX-9 Touring: Starting at $35,970
- 2016 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring: Starting at $40,170
- 2016 Mazda CX-9 Signature: Starting at $44,015
With crisp styling set on your choice of 18- or 20-inch wheels, the 2016 Mazda CX-9 boasts an elongated hood and a signature trapezoidal grille. Drivers can look forward to LED headlights and auto high beams for optimal clarity on the road, as well as front side windows outfitted with acoustic-laminated glass that enhances the dampening of outside sound in the cabin. Further standard features include front splash guards and aluminum roof rack rails, while those who are interested in a little extra can equip their 2016 Mazda CX-9 with features like LED fog lights and towing receiver hitch with a wiring harness.
Performance and Fuel Economy
Under the hood, the 2016 Mazda CX-9 is outfitted with a turbocharged 2.5L four-cylinder engine which, when mated to its six-speed automatic transmission, is capable of producing up to 227 hp and 310 lb.-ft. of torque. Although EPA-estimates of this powertrain’s fuel economy are still forthcoming, Mazda has promised that it will earn 20% more efficient ratings than the 2015 model. Properly equipped, its tow hitch is capable of a maximum towing capacity of 3,500 pounds.
The 2016 Mazda CX-9 is built with a cabin designed for both comfort and convenience. Drivers of the top-tier Signature trim will gain access to Napa leather, aluminum accents, and rosewood trim lining the interior, while all 2016 Mazda CX-9 drivers enjoy a full suite of standard features including:
- Central Entertainment Center: With a standard 7-inch and optional 8-inch touchscreen display embedded in the dashboard, the Mazda CX-9 puts vehicle information and entertainment settings at the touch of your fingers
- MAZDA CONNECTTM Technology: Each 2016 Mazda CX-9 features Mazda’s signature MAZDA CONNECTTM smartphone integration, offering audio streaming and voice command by connecting to your phone via Bluetooth
- Backup Camera: This standard system gives drivers a dashboard projection of the area directly behind the vehicle, making reverse maneuvering a breeze
Advanced Safety Technologies
While the 2016 Mazda CX-9 has a variety of amenities geared towards comfort, it also boasts an advanced safety suite whose features help give drivers peace of mind on the road:
- Smart City Brake Support: To help prevent rear-end collisions (the most common type of accident) this system will apply the brakes at low speeds when it detects that your vehicle may collide with the vehicle ahead
- Lane-Keeping Assist: This safety system ensures that you won’t accidentally swerve outside your lane, acting to stabilize the vehicle when it detects veering
- Distance Recognition Support System: This technology visually displays your following distance to help you maintain spatial awareness, offering a forward obstruction warning if you approach too quickly
2016 Mazda CX-9 Reviews
The 2016 Mazda CX-9 is earning itself the attention of critics who have plenty to say about what this astonishing crossover has to offer:
- Edmunds: “One of the sharpest-looking crossover SUVs of 2016, the all-new Mazda CX-9 will appeal to a broad array of buyers, especially those who enjoy a more dynamic driving experience.”
- Car and Driver: “All models get actual aluminum trim on the doors and dash, and the cabin’s clean design imparts a rich, premium feel.”
- Autotrader: “The 2016 Mazda CX-9 is one of the few 7-seater crossovers that doesn’t look as if it was designed by committee. It also looks like it might actually be fun — and it is quite fun.”
Learn More About the 2016 Mazda CX-9 Near Naperville, North Aurora, Aurora, and Wheaton at Continental Mazda
If you are interested in test driving the 2016 Mazda CX-9 to see how well it fits your Naperville, North Aurora, Aurora, or Wheaton commute, stop by Continental Mazda at 2363 Aurora Avenue in Naperville today. Feel free to contact us online or by phone at 630-657-0781 for more information.